Informationen zum Arbeitgeber und zur Vakanz
This position reports directly to the Managing Director, with a functional reporting line to the HR Manager European operations.
Mission Statement of Position:
The Human Resources Advisor will provide HR services, payroll and policy interpretation for the GBU. Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are reviewed, implemented and maintained. Supervise and QC the monthly payroll that is processed by the external payroll provider. Responsible for employee relations, training and development, community investment, benefits, performance management process, compensation, immigration and employee wellness.
HR Advisory / Compliance
- Provides an employment advisory service to employees and line managers on general employee relations issues and provides support in areas of recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, in line with the company’s policies and practices.
- Ensures line management and HR Manager European operations are kept up to date with key changes to legislation to allow them to plan any required changes in advance.
- Participate in investigations, provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions. Advise the Managing Director(s) and HR Manager European operations on employee relations issues and/or grievances for final determination of appropriate resolution.
- Ensure occupational health is compliantith regulatory and company’s practices
- Initiate and coordinate both temporary and permanent resident visa applications.
- Prepare and maintain the Workforce Plan. Update according to business needs with input from Department heads, and seek approval from Calgary headoffice.
- Undertake or assist with specific HR initiatives, projects, and assignments, as delegated by the Managing Director and/or HR Manager European operations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Corporate HR programs, policies, and procedures, within given guidelines and timeframes.
- Participate as a key member of the emergency response team.
- Liaise with external HR Consultant on non-routine HR issues to obtain expert advice on specific HR aspects or concerns.
- Assist in development of HR policies and procedures as well as implementation and maintenance of such policies.
- Conduct research, recommend, and implement approved changes for HR policies and procedures, and related administration as a result of legislation changes.
- Maintain and update the GBU Employee handbook as required
Payroll and Benefits
- Coordinate the full payroll process through to management approval. Responsible for the integrity of the data input and compliance with employment contracts and payroll legislation.
- Maintain annual leave, personal leave and long service leave records.
- Keep the master data under control
Training & Development
- Participate in the annual performance look back review process with line managers.
- Coordinates the training need from the annual performance plan
- Organise “Day of Caring” and coordinate volunteer grant and Community Investment programs in line with global practices.
Administration and HRIS
- Ensure all relevant employees data are in WorkDay.
- Prepares HR documentation as required by management.
- Other administrative duties and projects as assigned.
Recruitment / Contractor Management
- Coordinates the recruitment process from initial approval to offer of employment for all company employees and contractor resources.
- Produces contractual paperwork in respect of employment offers, Award changes, legislative changes etc.
- Conduct HR induction for all new local, expatriate and contractor starts as well as related HR and payroll administration for all employees.
- Interpreting legislation, awards and employment contracts. Maintains local contracts of employment in line with legislative requirements.
- Assist line managers in the development of job descriptions and ensure appropriate review and update.
- Participate in recruitment, selection, fitness for work